Please note that if you are planning to stay in Turkey for more than 90 days within a 180-day period, for any reason, including tourism, you must get a Turkish Residence Permit.
International students who have overstayed their visas, residence permits, or visa exempt periods (for some countries), will be subjected to a fine or a travel ban preventing you from re-entering Turkey for a period between 3 months to 5 years.
It is highly recommended to visit the Haliç International Office to apply for residence permit. You can apply in person on campus by visiting our office.
After your registration is completed;
You can apply in person by visiting the Immigration Office website.
You can also apply in person by visiting our office on the following days and timings
Wednesday 10:00- 16:00
Or you may visit the "Visa & Residence Permit" page on our website, to follow up with the detailed guide.
Below you may find all the requirements to obtain a Student Residence Permit:
1) Current valid Residence Permit (only for renewal/transfer applications)
2) Passport photocopies (main pages + last entrance stamp)
3) Student Certificate in Turkish (can be obtained from the Haliç Automation System / e-devlet)
4) Valid Health Insurance
5) Passport-size photographs
6) Receipt of the Application Form (instructions are stated in the guide below)
7) Consent Letter + Birth Certificate (Only for the applicants under 18 – Translated & Notarized)*