Dear esteemed faculty members and students of Haliç University,
According to the decisions announced by our President regarding the pandemic process that has been affecting the whole world; it has been announced that the curfew hours of teenagers under the age of 20 will be between 13:00-16:00, all public and private sectors are expected to comply with the flexible working system and education and training in educational institutions will take place online until the 31st of December. Due to these requirements, it was necessary to take some decisions as Haliç University.
The decisions taken by our University on the subject are as follows:
- Until 31 December 2020, the current course of education will be held valid and will continue to be online, hybrid and face-to-face. The relevant Dean’s Office/Directorate will be able to shift all courses to the online system when necessary, taking into account the compulsory courses.
- All of our campuses will be open for visiting. Students who fall outside the age criteria will be able to use campuses all day long. In accordance with the instructions of the Provincial Administration; students under the age of 20 will be able to benefit from the physical facilities of our university in accordance with their course and exam program by declaring their HES codes upon entrance.
- Students under the age of 20 who wish to come to the University to attend courses and exams will be exempted from restrictions during course and exam hours if they declare their ID cards / course or exam schedules.
- Until 31 December 2020, student events, student club activities, conferences, panels and meetings have been transferred to online platforms.
- It will be organized at the request of our academicians to either use their homes or offices to conduct their courses within the scope of online education. Our academicians will continue their activities from their homes or campuses according to the working system of the Dean’s Offices/Directorates to which they are affiliated.
- The Midterm Exams will be held online/hybrid/face-to-face/applied between 23 November and 18 December 2020. The instructors will determine the way the exams are to be held. In addition, the Midterm Make-Up Exams will be held between 24-29 December 2020. (The Faculty of Medicine will prepare its own schedule.)
- Our exams will be held in accordance with the Law on the Protection of Personal Data (KVKK) within the scope of the decisions taken by the senate of our University, taking into account the fair exam rights of our students. Students who cannot provide technological exam infrastructure in online exams will be provided with the necessary infrastructure on campus on the condition that they state their HES codes. Also, students attending online exams from outside Istanbul will be supported with the necessary infrastructure by going to certain universities in the provinces where they are located.
- Our library will continue to be open and will only serve Haliç University students.
- Cafeterias and restaurants on campus will only provide takeaway service to on-campus staff and students and will not provide takeaway services off campus.
- For the process after 31st of December, you will be informed accordingly with the evaluations of the Scientific Advisory Board and the Higher Education Council (YÖK).
In this process, our students, parents and academicians will be notified by their relevant faculties and schools regarding courses, practices, exams and information on all other academic matters.
We wish to see you on healthy days.