we have prepared
Most Frequent Questions
Check out the answers of your questions. If you have more use our social media channels to reach us.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are reviewed and evaluated by the admission commission at the International Office with the help of each relevant faculty members at Haliç University.
Every year, the Council of the Higher Education in Turkey updates the regulations and criteria.
Eligibility criteria might be different for each country, in case you're wondering what is the criteria for your country, please contact us at email@example.com
- 1) Passport
- 2) High School Diploma (translated in English or Turkish)
- 3) High School Transcript (translated in English or Turkish)
- 4) TOEFL IBT 72 / PTE 55 (if available)
- 5) Motivational Letter (for Medicine Department)
The Conditional Acceptance Letter states that you are conditionally accepted at Haliç University with term that need to be met before your official acceptance can be finalized.
After confirming the deposit payment, you'll be issued the Official Acceptance Letter.
Note: Your Conditional Acceptance Letter will be invalid in case the quota in your program is full.
Bachelor's degree applications are only accepted in the fall semester.
Graduate's degree applications are accepted in both intakes, Fall & Spring.
After the approval of your application, and the conditional acceptance letter being sent, a non-refundable deposit of $1,000 ($4,500 for medicine) should be paid.
The deposit is considered as a guarantee of the applicant’s intent to study at Haliç University. This deposit amount will then be deducted from the tuition fee for the registration.
There are 3 ways to pay your tuition fees:
1) Pay by credit card at the university financial affairs office (in-person)
2) Pay by cash at Vakıfbank Sütlüce branch (in-person)
3) Wire transfer to any of the two Vakıfbank accounts mentioned below
NOTE: Please keep the receipt in order to confirm payment for later.
Account Name: T.C. Halİç Ünİversİtesİ
Account Number: 4550167806
Bank Name: Vakıfbank
IBAN (USD): TR24 0001 5001 5804 8017 7848 65
SWIFT Code: TVBATR2A
Account Name: T.C. Haliç Ünİversİtesİ
Account Number: 4550167806
Bank Name: Vakıfbank
IBAN (TL): TR41 0001 5001 5800 7309 0338 85
SWIFT Code: TVBATR2A
Haliç University offers only academic merit scholarship for those who completed their first year already in the University. You can have up to 15% scholarship after completing your first year in our University. In order to have scholarship you will need to start and complete your first semester with fixed tuition fee.
Now it's possible for current students in other universities inside or outside Turkey to apply for a transfer application. With the Haliç International Online Application Portal, students can apply for a transfer application.
You need to upload the following documents to the Application Form:
- High School Transcript
- High School Diploma
- University Transcript: must contain all the courses completed, with the grades earned, and the overall grade point average (CGPA)
- Courses Description: must contain information about the courses curriculum, course materials, and any other important departmental information.
- Student Certificate
- Equivalency Certificate (Denklik)
*Please note that all documents given by the former university must be stamped and in a sealed envelope.
*We would like to kindly emphasize that, regardless of these application procedures, there is no guarantee that your courses can be transferred. This decision is strictly up to the faculty committee’s decision to approve, deny, and/or consider transfer applications.
Student Visa Process
Official acceptance letter will be sent to you by e-mail, after completing your deposit payment.
And this will make you eligible to apply for the Student Visa in the nearest Turkish Embassy/Consulate.
1) Visa application form
2) Minimum 1 year valid passport
3) Official acceptance letter from Haliç University
4) Non-refundable visa fee
For more details, please contact the nearest Turkish Embassy/Consulate.
You may check the following link in order to see if your country requires you to have a visa to enter Turkey.
If you need to get a visa to enter Turkey, you may apply for it at the closest Turkish Embassy/Consulate with your Official Acceptance Letter which states that you will be our student here in Turkey. You may check the information for each embassy/consulate using the following link:
2) Original hard copy of high school diploma (either in English or Turkish)
3) Transcript of records (translated in English or Turkish)
4) Turkish high school Equivalency Certificate (Denklik) authorized by Turkish Education Council. This document certifies that your high school diploma is equal to a Turkish high school diploma. You can obtain it from either a Turkish Consulate or Denklik Office in Istanbul. You can apply through the following link. (can be given later)
5) Acceptable proficiency score (if any)
6) Original Hard Copy of Official Acceptance letter (can be obtained from International Office with a copy of it during registration)
7) 1 photograph
8) Receipt of the first semester tuition fee payment
9) Deposit payment receipt
TOEFL IBT 72 / PTE 55
or you may take the Haliç English Proficiency Exam after registration.
Note: IELTS is not accepted
First-semester tuition should be paid in order to complete the registration. Deposit will be deducted from the first-semester’s installment.
Residence Permit Process
Please note that if you are planning to stay in Turkey for more than 90 days within a 180-day period, for any reason, including tourism, you must get a Turkish Residence Permit.
International students who have overstayed their visas, residence permits, or visa exempt periods (for some countries), will be subjected to a fine or a travel ban preventing you from re-entering Turkey for a period between 3 months to 5 years.
It is highly recommended to visit the Haliç International Office to apply for residence permit. You can apply in person on campus by visiting our office.
After your registration is completed;
You can apply in person by visiting the Immigration Office website.
You can also apply in person by visiting our office on the following days and timings
Wednesday 10:00- 16:00
Or you may visit the "Visa & Residence Permit" page on our website, to follow up with the detailed guide.
Below you may find all the requirements to obtain a Student Residence Permit:
1) Current valid Residence Permit (only for renewal/transfer applications)
2) Passport photocopies (main pages + last entrance stamp)
3) Student Certificate in Turkish (can be obtained from the Haliç Automation System / e-devlet)
4) Valid Health Insurance
5) Passport-size photographs
6) Receipt of the Application Form (instructions are stated in the guide below)
7) Consent Letter + Birth Certificate (Only for the applicants under 18 – Translated & Notarized)*
do you have
any other questions?
If you couldn’t find your answer here please write to us a message so we can get back to you.