- General Requirements
- Tuition and Fees
- Required Documents for Application
- Submission Deadline for Application
- Acceptable Exams and Diplomas and Minimum Eligibility Scores and Grades
- Required Documents for Registration
The criteria outlined below are determined by the Higher Education Council of Turkey.
Students who are at senior year at high school or who graduated from high school and who satisfy at least one of the below criteria may apply as international students.
- Students with foreign nationality,
- Students who were Turkish citizens by birth but ceased to be a citizen by the courtesy of the Ministry of Interior (applicant has to certify that he/she holds the official document regarding the use of rights granted by Turksih Citizenship Law),
- Students who were registered as minors on the document stating that the parent has ceased to be a Turkish citizen as explained above (applicant has to certify that he/she holds the official document regarding the use of rights granted by Turksih Citizenship Law),
- Foreign nationals who have taken Turkish citizenship / dual citizens within this context,
- Turkish citizens who began high school before 1 Feb 2013 abroad and who completed the last 3 years of high school education abroad (except in Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus - TRNC),
- Turkish citizens who began high school after 1 Feb 2013 abroad and who completed the entire high school education abroad (except in TRNC),
- Turkish citizens who completed the entire high school education abroad (except in TRNC) in one of the Turkish schools recognized by the Ministry of Education,
- TRNC citizens who reside in TRNC and who completed their high school education in TRNC and who have taken the GCE AL exam,
- TRNC citizens who enrolled in high schools abroad (except in Turkey and in TRNC) between 2005-2010 and who have taken/will take the GCE AL exam.
Students who cannot apply as international students:
- Turkish citizens who have completed their entire high school education in Turkey or in TRNC,
- TRNC citizens (except cases explained above),
- Dual nationality applicants whose first nationality is Turkish by birth (except cases explained above),
- Applicants who hold dual nationality one of which is TRNC (except cases explained above),
- Turkish citizens or dual-nationality students whose first nationality is Turkish by birth who studied in foreign schools in Turkey or in schools within the context of embassies in Turkey.
Tuition and Fees
For the 2017-2018 academic years, the tuition for the international students at Halic University is 4000 USD for all departments (except School of Medicine); this fee covers tuition and registration and also allows full use of the library, computer laboratories.
Students are able to pay tuition fees in 9 installements.
Required Documents for Application All application documents and all the required enclosures must be submitted no later than September 29, 2017. Applications with missing documents will not be taken into consideration. It is the applicant’s responsibility to send the complete and accurate required documents on time.
The required documents are listed below:
Application Form: Applications are administered through this platform.
- Paper copy of the exam result or diploma grade: Please refer to Acceptable Exams and Diplomas and Minimum Eligibility Scores and Grades section for a complete list,
- Two letters of recommendation
- If available, the photocopy of the High School Diploma and its Turkish translation if the original diploma is not in English.
- Sealed and approved official transcript of the high school courses and grades,
- A paper copy of the English language proficiency exam scores.
- A paper copy of the Turkish language proficiency exam score.
Submission Deadline for Application
All documents regarding the application for 2017-2018 academic years must be submitted to the address below by no later than September 29, 2017.
Address: Halic Üniversitesi International Relations Directorate
Imrahor caddesi no 82 Beyoglu Sutluce-İstanbul/Turkey
Acceptable Exams and Diplomas and Minimum Eligibility Scores and Grades
Only the exams and diplomas listed below will be acceptable. An applicant should satisfy the minimum acceptable score and grade from the exam or diploma to complete the application. Exam scores later than 2 years at the time of application will not be accepted. There is no time limitation on diploma grades. It is not possible to apply by using any other exam or diploma type.
Click here for the exams list.
Quotas for 2017-2018 academic year:
|SCHOOL OF SPORT||COACHING||20||4000 $|
|SCHOOL OF SPORT||RECREATION||20||4000 $|
|SCHOOL OF SPORT||SPORT MANAGEMENT||20||4000 $|
|FACULTY OF ARTS AND SCIENCES||AMERICAN CULTURE AND LITERATURE||20||4000 $|
|FACULTY OF ARTS AND SCIENCES||MATHEMATICS||20||4000 $|
|FACULTY OF ARTS AND SCIENCES||MOLECULAR BIOLOGY||20||4000 $|
|FACULTY OF ARTS AND SCIENCES||ENGLISH TRANSLATION AND INTERPRETATION||20||4000 $|
|FACULTY OF ARTS AND SCIENCES||PSYCHOLOGY||20||4000 $|
|FACULTY OF ARTS AND SCIENCES||TURKISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE||20||4000 $|
|FACULTY OF FINE ARTS||GRAPHIC DESIGN||20||4000 $|
|FACULTY OF FINE ARTS||FASHION AND TEXTILE DESIGN||20||4000 $|
|SCHOOL OF NURSING||NURSING||20||4000 $|
|FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION||PUBLIC RELATIONS||20||4000 $|
|FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION||MANAGEMENT||20||4000 $|
|FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION||MIS||20||4000 $|
|FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION||MANAGEMENT-ENGLISH||20||4000 $|
|FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION||INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS AND POLITICS||20||4000 $|
|FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION||TOURISM MANAGEMENT||20||4000 $|
|FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION||INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND BUSINESS||20||4000 $|
|CONSERVATORY||OPERA AND CONCERT SINGING||10||4000 $|
|CONSERVATORY||TURKISH MUSIC||20||4000 $|
|VOCATIONAL SCHOOL||COOKERY||20||4000 $|
|VOCATIONAL SCHOOL||COOKERY (IO)||20||4000 $|
|VOCATIONAL SCHOOL||BANKING AND INSURANCE||20||4000 $|
|VOCATIONAL SCHOOL||COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY||20||4000 $|
|VOCATIONAL SCHOOL||CHILD DEVELOPMENT||20||4000 $|
|VOCATIONAL SCHOOL||ELECTRONIC TECHNOLOGY||10||4000 $|
|VOCATIONAL SCHOOL||PHYSIOTHERAPHY||20||4000 $|
|VOCATIONAL SCHOOL||FOOD TECHNOLOGY||10||4000 $|
|VOCATIONAL SCHOOL||GRAPHIC DESIGN||10||4000 $|
|VOCATIONAL SCHOOL||FIRST AND EMERGENCY AID||20||4000 $|
|VOCATIONAL SCHOOL||CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY||20||4000 $|
|VOCATIONAL SCHOOL||LOJISTICS||20||4000 $|
|VOCATIONAL SCHOOL||FASHION DESIGN||20||4000 $|
|VOCATIONAL SCHOOL||STAGE AND SCENERY COSTUME DESIGN||20||4000 $|
|VOCATIONAL SCHOOL||TOURISM AND HOTEL MANAGEMENT||20||4000 $|
|VOCATIONAL SCHOOL||QUALITY CONTROL IN PRODUCTION||20||4000 $|
|FACULTY OF ARCHITECTURE||INDUSTRIAL DESIGN||10||4000 $|
|FACULTY OF ARCHITECTURE||INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE||20||4000 $|
|FACULTY OF ARCHITECTURE||ARCHITECTURE||20||4000 $|
|FACULTY OF ENGINEERING||COMPUTER ENGINEERING||20||4000 $|
|FACULTY OF ENGINEERING||ELECTRIC -ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING||20||4000 $|
|FACULTY OF ENGINEERING||INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING||20||4000 $|
|FACULTY OF ENGINEERING||MACHINE ENGINEERING||20||4000 $|
|SCHOOL OF HEALTH SCIENCES||NUTRITION AND DIETETICS||20||4000 $|
|SCHOOL OF HEALTH SCIENCES||MIDWIFERY||20||4000 $|
|SCHOOL OF HEALTH SCIENCES||PHYSICAL THERAPHY AND REHABILITATION||20||4000 $|
Required Documents for Registration
- The original of results of the test scores or diploma grades.
- The original of the high school diploma and its Turkish translation if its language is other than English
- High School Diploma Equivalency Certificate from the Turkish Ministry of Education (Talim Terbiye Kurulu Başkanlığı) or from a Turkish Consulate in the applicant’s home country,
- Photocopy of the photo, student visa and identification pages of the applicant's passport.The Student Visa is compulsory for all international students. It can be obtained from a Turkish Consulate in the applicant's home country by presenting the letter of acceptance,
- A photocopy of the first seven pages of the valid Residence Permit (obtained from the The Provincial Security Directorate Foreigners Division,Vatan Caddesi, Fatih, Istanbul),
- 2 passport size photos (4.5 x 6 cm) taken in the last 6 months
- Health report
- The original score of the English language proficiency exam (for Business Administration and American Literature and Culture Departments)
- The original score of the Turkish language proficiency exam
- To complete the registration, students need to pay the tuition for the semester.
If the problem persists, you may get in touch with the International Office Directorate
Adress: Imrahor caddesi no:82 Beyoglu Sutluce ISTANBUL-TURKEY
Phone: +90 212-924 24 44
Proficiency in English
For Business Administration and American Literature departments, it is essential that you demonstrate competence in the language. Students who submit a valid English Proficiency Exam Result will be exempted from English Language Center and will directly begin their undergraduate courses.
Institutional TOEFL (ITP) exam score administered by the ELC
Students with TOEFL/TWE score of 550/4 or above will be promoted to their academic programs.
External Exam Scores
Students can be exempted from ELC provided that they present mininum following scores of the external exams given below.
TOEFL PBT: 550 TWE: 4
TOEFL IBT: 80 WRT:20
IELTS (Academic Module): 6.5 and minimum score of 5 per section
Proficiency in Turkish
Students who have applied for programs will directly begin Turkish education if they approve that -within the framework of Common European Framework of Reference for Languages- their score is B2 or above at TOMER or Yunus Emre Institute Turkish Proficiency Exam.
Certifying Copies of your Original Documents
The required copies of school certificates and/or degrees should be certified by the issuing institution or notary public offices as genuine copies of the original. All the documents other than Turkish or English should be translated either of these languages by an accredited translation office and the copies should be submited. Please note that the required documents for registration without original statements or certified evidence of study results will not be taken into consideration. The diplomas and transcripts should be officially translated by an accredited translator and the translation should be attached to the original. On the day of enrollment, the student should provide the original of all the documents or its certified copies to the International Relations Office.